We offer formation services of Christian inspiration, respecting freedom of creed, philosophical or political affiliation, in different modalities, contents and duration, to help the participants grow in humanity, with immediate practical application in their personal, family and social projects.
•Institute of Ecclesiastical Studies Félix Varela, for the academic formation for Evangelization. With Christian Formation services in various modalities, as well as a Bachelor in Humanities and a Bachelor in Humanities.
•Cuba Emprende: For the training of people in the business world. With basic courses for entrepreneurs, specialized courses, as well as a wide and flexible program of consultancies, which complement the first.
•Library: With large print and digital collections, to support the training processes of the Center, and open to anyone else who wants to serve.
•The Sacred Music Cathedra: It contributes to the formation of active musicians in the exercise of the musical liturgy, at the service of the Church.
It offers spaces for participation and exchange, for the cultivation of the values of the Cuban Christianity, always seeking continuity and applicability in the lives of the participants.
• Conferences: On topics of interest, by experts in the field, complemented by open, inclusive and tolerant debate spaces.
• Exhibitions: To showcase Cuban and other nations art that contributes to goodness, beauty and peace.
• Events: Complementary to academic processes carried out inside and outside the Center, Commemorations important for our objectives, fruits of collaborative projects, or sponsored by other instances of the Church and society, which comply with the Statutes.
•Video Library: To preserve archdiocesan audiovisual memory and educate in the consumption of good movies.
- Publication of journals:
Espacio Laical (Lay Space), communication project of the Center, a magazine dedicated to faith, culture and society issues.
Palabra Nueva (New Word), the magazine of the Archdiocese of Havana.
Vivarium, magazine of letters and arts.
- Publication of Digital Bulletins of the magazines.
- Events to launch the numbers of the magazines and the books and pamphlets published in connection with them.
- Realization of journalistic and literary competitions sponsored by the magazines.
- Informative publications about the Cultural Center and its activities.
- Website and presence in social networks.
- Audio and video recording studio.
- Print Shop
It seeks to know better the reality that the Center wants to serve, as well as the History that has preceded this reality, to increase the coherence and effectiveness of the services.
Research is done in a timely manner, from some of the works that make up the Center with topics on:
- Formative needs of Christian communities.
- Impact of educational services of the Church
- Historical Memory of the Church
- Formative needs of the private sector of the economy.
The research is a transversal dimension of the Cultrual Center that implies multiple services. For example, the course work, theses and thesis of the Institute of Ecclesiastical Studies are natural research exercises that enrich the Center's repository of knowledge at the service of the entire ecclesial community. They also enrich this deposit the memories of the debates organized by the magazine Espacio Laical on current social issues, or investigative journalism works made by that magazine or by the Diocesan Word New Word, which touches a wide range of topics and has 25 years of service. For their part, the professors and advisers of the Business Training services explore the training needs of self-employed workers and continuously observe the evolution of the business sector.